Domestic Violence No Contact Order Violations

If you have had a no contact or restraining order taken out against you, and you have contact with that person in violation of that order — even if that contact was consensual or even instigated by the person seeking the order's protection — you could be facing jail time.

If you are in violation of any kind of protection order, then the consequences can be extremely serious and you need to talk to a lawyer before making any decisions. For more than 15 years attorney Erik Kaeding, of the Law Office of Erik P. Kaeding has counseled people in domestic violence (DV) cases. We have the resources and experience to get results where possible.

Get The Information You Need

It's hard for some clients to believe that a wife could invite her husband to reconcile (or vice versa), and if there is any kind of current "no contact" order, then that person can face serious criminal penalties for just sitting down to talk. Whether you have been arrested unaware that you were doing something wrong or as a result of an unfortunate decision, we can fully evaluate your case and help you find a solution. Depending on the situation we may be able to:

  • Negotiate for a reduction or dismissal of charges
  • Petition to have the "no contact" order lifted
  • Work toward a reduction of penalties
  • Argue your case before a judge or jury in court

If you are charged with a more serious crime such as harassment or stalking, or if you violate a "no contact" order multiple times, then you may be facing up to a year in jail. Working with a lawyer who not only has the experience to represent you but the commitment to keeping you involved in the process can make all the difference.

Experienced, Client-Focused Criminal Defense

"No contact" orders can be violated by completely innocent actions. The penalties for violating one, though, can be severe and even life-changing. Make sure you have experience and a results-driven attorney on your side.

Contact our Kent, Washington, office by phone at 253-850-8430 or reach us online to set up your free initial consultation and case review.